Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 3 hit a wall

I think I hit a wall of sorts today.
This morning's TACFIT  workout wasn't bad at all. I was actually pleased by how durable I was even though every muscle in my body hurts.
The complication for me came today when I realized that I don't know very much about the components of the Trial By Fire movements. The mill the two handed swipe and the hammer. which I will need to test out by doing 100 rounds of all 3 moves in under 20 minutes. Clubbells are very new to me still. I have worked with them off and on for the last several months but I still don't know what the names of the movies are, or how to properly execute them...
So when given a protocol of what to do for my workout I had to spend hours today researching what exactly those movements are.
I have  not yet received my instructional DVDs so it was very frustrating for me to literally spend my entire day off on either preparing for my workout or working out!  my brain is so full and I am still confused. I have watched too many different videos on YouTube. I'm very much looking forward to my next session with Summer so she can iron it all out for me! 
I am also still trying to map out a training program that will merge the 2  into one while  still getting all of the required skill and movements and compensations in at the same time getting enough rest and recovery...
In the meantime I will just follow both of the certification preparation protocols that I recieved. Which means twice a day sessions 6 days a week...
I'm tired.
Going to bed now.
Feeling tired, sore, Sore and sore.
But still excited. I know that my body will adjust. I got some fantastic tips on how to find the rest in the work from  my meeting with Dave tonight. I am sure I will assimilate it all more after a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment