Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back at it and taking it easy... only 1 week till the Clubbell Athletics Seminar

Thursday evening
Today was my first day picking up my clubbell again since Monday.
It felt so good to move my body, feeling the sway of the club, the rhythm of the swing, oh the joy of labored breathing. It felt so wonderful to be back in the gym training again. This time a much smarter and more cautious athlete.
I broke up my session into two segments doing them morning and  late afternoon as not to overdo it.
This morning I practiced the components of the Mill and it felt really solid even though I hadn't trained in 2 days. During the time I was recovering and unable to train I spent a lot of time visualizing myself training. I got so many wonderful cues and tips during my session with Summer on Monday. I wrote them down and visualized myself doing each set mentally feeling the rhythm in my body, seeing myself flowing perfectly through the moves. This technique really paid off because when I picked up the club today I was able to nail each component beautifully, It felt great!

This afternoon I worked on level 3 FlowFit. Wow, what a difference between level 2 and 3! I was averaging about 44 seconds a round with level 2 and now by increasing the difficulty of the movement to level 3, I am averaging about a 62 seconds a round!  That is quite a but slower! I know that I will quickly increase my proficiency as I continue to practice but right now it feels really really hard, yet I am really loving it!
Tomorrow I will attempt a High training day depending on how my body feels. I hope to do FlowFit in the morning and clubbells in the afternoon.
My makeup plan is to hit it hard the rest of this week.  I had Tuesday off and Wednesday was a mobility day.
Today I did the Mod workout so I plan to make Friday and Saturday High training days.
I will rest on Sunday then do Low on Monday, Mod on Tuesday and High onWednesday.
That will leave Thursday and Friday as rest days before for the seminar Saturday and Sunday...
That is the plan anyway. Ultimately my body will be the determiner...
My message to My body:
"You have my attention and I am listening. You are the boss and I will do as you say. I am resting.
I have gotten the message loud and clear!
But can we play now? Please"?????


Saturday Morning...
Friday's workout ended up being a 2 hour deep tissue massage! I woke up feeling very tight from Thursday's workout. I did not over do it but I knew I had to rethink my "plan". I am actually sore from my massage. She really worked the tissue trying to get it to release! I realize I will have to take more time off...
After talking to Emily Fisher (who wrote up my program for me) she suggested that I take a few more days to recover, to totally skip the High days and assured me that I will get everything I need at the Seminar to get a leg up before the March certification.
I did Clubbell Yoga today and I was a very good girl listening to my body and ignoring what everyone else was doing around me. It was a great practice to do what my body needed and not what the rest of the class was doing! I did the simplest of poses and didn't even use the clubbell in the first half of the class. I took child's pose many times and even did a nervous system reset with crocodile breath for a minute...  as my body allowed I was able to go a little deeper and eventually by the end of the class I was able to do the entire last flow at my normal capacity and pace. I felt very successful! I have so much more range of motion in my neck today after yesterday's massage and today's yoga. I am still experiencing pain and stiffness but I am getting better every day.
I have to admit I am a little nervous that I won't be ready for the Seminar.
I know that I have to let all expectations go and take whatever comes trusting that it will be exactly as it needs to be, but it is really hard! I do have hopes and I do have expectations of my body and I do want to be able to kill it. I don't want this lesson of stupidity to go any further than a week of  lost training!
Please body HEAL FAST!!!!
In the meantime I will keep doing gentle yoga, intu-flow, and all of the compensation and mobility for the TBF (Trial By Fire). I will also keep visualizing myself doing each of the moves perfectly again and again.
Whatever the outcome I am super excited to meet Emily and Angela and spend 2 days training with the best Clubbell Athletics coaches ever!


(Read about my injury in the previous post)

No comments:

Post a Comment