This first blog post is to set up the back story of my decision to do Both the CST AND TACFIT Instructor Certifications. Basically why on earth am I doing This?
My intention was to just do the TACFIT certification. I have been doing the TACFIT 26 program with my training partner Roxanne since July. Half way through the program I realized this was something I wanted to share with many other people! Hence the decision to go ahead and get my certification. I have been following Scott Sonnon and his work for over a year now. I am totally turned on by his whole methodology and philosophy of training. I have, as Summer Huntington says, "drunken the CST Kool aid".
As the registration deadline was fast approaching I started to over question my decision to do the TACFIT instructor certification. There are so many to choose from. I want to learn and teach them all! TACFIT, CST, Flow Fit, Clubbell Athletics, Clubbell Yoga, and now BAD45! Every one unique and brilliant.
I decided to message Coach personally and ask his opinion on which certification he recommends considering my target clientele.
His response was to do the Flow Fit and CST, But then offered an invitation to do the TACFIT as his guest as well. What? wait a minute, what?
My first response was Surprise(me? really? what a tremendous gift and opportunity... and what does he know about me that I perhaps don't that he thinks I can do both)?
Next came total Excitement! (Oh yeah, This is AWESOME!)
Third total FEAR! (HOLY CRAP I was starting to question my ability to do just the TACFIT cert and now I have an offer to both TACFIT and CST! How on earth will I physically be able to do them both...)
Lastly is WHY... I have had enough experiences in the past to know that it doesn't matter how big the obstacle is if your WHY is bigger...
So I had to get real and go deep to know Why I wanted to do this. What is this all about for me? Not just so I can make money teaching it, or have the initials after my name, although they are a big part of it. I am a heart person I have to have a heart reason to do BIG stuff.
So here it is... Real Raw Uncensored:
1. I believe in Scott Sonnons work. He is a movement genius and I want to learn and master every system he has created and then teach it to as many people as possible.
I have been playing in the Fitness world for over 20 years. I have been exposed to many many types of training and movement. Some good Some not so much. Coach Scotts work resonates with me because it is about listening to your body, recovering your mobility, working with NO restrictions or painful movement, and then building your body to totally Kick Ass with your whole being. Mind Body and Spirit. I am all about the 'Whole Being'.
2. I need to answer the nagging internal question. "can I really do it"?. In my psyche I know I can, I don't really enter into anything I don't deep down believe I can Ace. However my body has not been as spry as my mind. As I have been recovering from Systemic Inflammation, Thyroid disorder, food sensitivities and allergies (body has been behaving as Celiac). My physical energy has been wanting...This is where I will test the use my Mind to override any perceived physical limitations! I need to see If I can really pull all my internal resources together and step up to the plate.
3. I LOVE Training FOR something. This gives me intention and focus and training purpose which makes training all the more fun and meaningful. I have been desperately needing to train with a greater purpose.
4. This is MY thing. Its about time I do something that is for and about Me. It's not about or for anyone else. I am not doing this because someone else thinks I would be good at it, or someone else is doing it and I want to share in the glory or tag along, as I have done so many times in the past. This is My thing. It's what I believe in and what resonates with me.
However I am NOT ALONE! There is a whole Legion out there that I will be among the ranks of. An International Family that I will belong to and have support from. Yeehaw!
Too many things have fallen into place that I did not plan or ask for to open this door of opportunity.
People are coming from left and right to help me. Scotts invitation, and Daves willingness to help program. Travis's willingness to program, access to his gym 24/7, be my home coach, accountability and support team. I have Summer to physically train me, to (patiently) teach me and refine every required movement, and Roxanne to be my training partner and willingness to change our whole program to revolve around this Cert Prep and train right beside me!
I am graciously and Humbly walking into these open doors and I intend to KICK ASS!
Scared or Not I have Begun!
Scared or Not I have Begun!
Awesome Charleen! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDelete