I have been working on the swipe specifically for the last week and a half.
It is quite the complex movement.
The drills that I am doing are
It is quite the complex movement.
The drills that I am doing are
Rockit (pulsing in a low squat while swinging the clubs forward and back).
Swing (squat down bringing the clubs behind you then hip thrust and allow the clubs to swing forward. Much like a Kettlebell swing but with the clubs on the outside.)
Pendulum: (same as swing but bringing the clubs up into order position balancing them in front of you elbows at 90°)
Shoulder cast: (order position then driving the elbows up bringing the clubs behind you then back down into order position.)
and finally
Technical Swing
(Put it all together into a swing with a pause in order position.)
Technical Swing
(Put it all together into a swing with a pause in order position.)
I am doing each move for 30 seconds on, 30 seconds rest 4 times through twice a week then 90 seconds on 30 seconds rest 2x through twice a week.
some days this does not feel like enough work and other days it feels like plenty.
I understand what the move is supposed to look like but my body does not yet understand how to do it with the flow and grace.
I am still very much in my head trying to figure out all of the intricate dynamic details of the movements.
I think I have the rockit and swing down but the pendulum and shoulder cast is very difficult for me to nail.
I've had to dropped down to a very light weight several times just to get the movement down. It has been very difficult for me specifically on my left side. Trying to hold the clubs with just the right amount of tension so I'm not giving them the death grip at the same time not letting them teeter and hit me in the head, (which they have many times), has been very interesting.
Next week I am supposed to move on to the components of the Mill. I can't imagine that I will have the Swipe down by then. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the difficulty. I do not feel like I am getting enough intensity in my conditioning because I am still so choppy with the movements.
Feel like I already need to have plan B.
I don't want to deviate from the plan that Emily made for me but I do not think I'm a progressing as quickly as she perhaps anticipated... I feel like I need at least 1000 more repetitions of each movement before I can really know what I'm doing...
some days this does not feel like enough work and other days it feels like plenty.
I understand what the move is supposed to look like but my body does not yet understand how to do it with the flow and grace.
I am still very much in my head trying to figure out all of the intricate dynamic details of the movements.
I think I have the rockit and swing down but the pendulum and shoulder cast is very difficult for me to nail.
I've had to dropped down to a very light weight several times just to get the movement down. It has been very difficult for me specifically on my left side. Trying to hold the clubs with just the right amount of tension so I'm not giving them the death grip at the same time not letting them teeter and hit me in the head, (which they have many times), has been very interesting.
Next week I am supposed to move on to the components of the Mill. I can't imagine that I will have the Swipe down by then. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the difficulty. I do not feel like I am getting enough intensity in my conditioning because I am still so choppy with the movements.
Feel like I already need to have plan B.
I don't want to deviate from the plan that Emily made for me but I do not think I'm a progressing as quickly as she perhaps anticipated... I feel like I need at least 1000 more repetitions of each movement before I can really know what I'm doing...
This shit is so technical
is and foreign to me...


No comments:
Post a Comment